IDA achieved “Best in America” certification by Independent Charities of America
Give a Gift to The International Dyslexia Association
A great body of research shows that the approach to reading instruction developed for children with dyslexia works best for all beginning readers. This approach, Structured Literacy, is a highly structured, recursive, cumulative, phonics-based approach that combines the written word with other senses to enhance memory and learning of written language. But in most American classrooms, our children underperform because reading is taught in the wrong way. IDA is working to change reading instruction in three ways:
- We are accrediting universities that prepare their teachers to bring Structured Literacy into their classrooms.
- We are building a certification exam that will credential teachers prepared to bring best practices into their classrooms.
- We are preparing a campaign to educate schools about what research says about reading instruction and how best practices can improve reading scores for all children and provide students with dyslexia with the teachers they need.
It costs as little as a few hundred dollars to train a teacher in Structured Literacy. One teacher, over a career can change the lives of hundreds, even a thousand, students. Types of Gifts to IDA
- General Gifts
- Memorial Gifts
- Celebratory Gifts
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- Planned Giving
- The IDA Hall of Honor
- Vehicle Donation
Vehicle Donation Please contact CSA at the toll free # 1-800-610-0071 and reference “The International Dyslexia Association” as the affiliated charity for net proceeds to be donated. CSA will need the following information and paperwork:
- The car title “which must be free and clear of all liens” and must be available when the vehicle is scheduled for pick up
- Your current address (provide both physical and mailing addresses, if they are different)
- The VIN # and the current mileage
How We Are Funded: IDA receives no government funding. We are funded with private donations, membership dues, foundation grants, sales of publications, conference revenue and other development efforts. To discuss your giving options please contact: Rick Smith, Chief Executive Officer, The International Dyslexia Association 40 York Rd., 4th Floor Baltimore, MD 21204 410-561-6409 (phone) 410-321-5069 (fax) email@example.com